AT WAR??

"America is not at War, the U.S. Military is at War, America is at the Mall, and Congress is out to Lunch."

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home for 48 Hours

So I am home for just about 48 hours and then off again. Well not really 48 hours. I landing on Monday night at 5:10, and my plane departs tonight at 5:30. So taking into account the hour and a half drive home and the drive to the back to the aiport, well it just sucks. I really got to spend about 14 or 15 hours with the wife and about 7 or 8 hours with my daughter.

Traveling away from the family just sucks. Last week my daughter was taking 2 or 3 steps before falling down, I go away for 5 days and when I come home she is walking all the way across the living room. Missing these moments really gets to me.

Anyway, the pity party is over. I did have a blast at DefCon 18. Got me some great swag, and even found the first DefCon skateboard deck, in the Twitter Hunt. On the link I found the third deck pictured. I am not a skateboarder, nor will I ever be, but that deck will be hung up like a trophy. The other item I brought home, that I love, is Deviant Ollam's book "Practical Lock Picking", head over the Amazon and pick it up. I even got it signed and personalized from Deviant himself. This book is a great asset for people interested in locks, from the absolute novice to the "expert". I fall into the middle of these two classes, I know just enough to be dangerous.

The classes and presentations were outstanding, and I learned a lot. One thing I learned was never steal a hackers computer. This had to be the funniest presentation ever. Overall I had a blast.

Now on to filling out a travel voucher and prep work for my visit to Spain. It has been 12 or 13 years since I visited a Spanish speaking country, and I hope my cerveza ordering skills will be up to the task.

I will see my 2 faithful readers once I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment